Hyatt Place, one of Hyatt’s two new brands, gained impressive development traction in its debut year, garnering 31 new projects, totaling 4,321 hotel rooms. These new projects will join the 120 hotels converting to the Hyatt Place brand in 2007.
“We’re seeing tremendous growth in our first year of development for Hyatt Place, and we expect to see these numbers increase substantially in 2007. In addition to the 120 owned, managed and franchised properties to be converted over the course of 2007, we are adding an outstanding mix of new-build properties with some of the best owners and operators in the business,” said Chris Ivy, senior vice president of development for Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites. “When developing Hyatt Place, we found that while lifestyles were changing, the select service hotel experience had become stagnant. The response we’ve had to Hyatt Place from both developers and consumers makes us confident we’re filling a void in the upper end of the select service market.”
The following new-build Hyatt Place hotels are scheduled to open in 2007 throughout the U.S. and Canada:
- South Bend/Mishawaka, IN – located just outside South Bend at the southwest corner of Main St. and Day St., this 117-room hotel is being developed by First Hospitality Group and is scheduled to open in Spring 2008
- Bethlehem, PA – this 124-room hotel, located in downtown Bethlehem at North St. and Guetter St., is scheduled to open in Summer 2008 and being developed by Posh Properties and Meyer Jabara Hotels
- Saratoga Springs/Malta, NY – scheduled to open in Summer 2008, this 127-room hotel, which is being developed by Malta Hospitality, is located at I-87 and SR 67
- Niagara Falls, ON, Canada – Under development by Canadian Niagara Hotels, this 150-room hotel is located in the Stanley Ave. corridor and scheduled to open Summer 2008
- Jackson/Madison, MS – located just a short distance from Jackson at Interstate 55 and Old Agency Road, the 127-room hotel is being developed by InterMountain Management and scheduled to open Spring 2008
- Orlando/Lake Mary, FL – situated just outside Orlando at I-4 and Lake Mary Blvd., the 128-room hotel is being developed by Sunshine Hotel Group and is scheduled to open Fall 2007
- Jacksonville/Airport, FL – scheduled to open in Spring 2008 at Jacksonville International Airport, this 127-room hotel is being developed by Silver Companies and MMI Hotel Group
- Boca Raton, FL – located just off I-95 at Yamato Rd. near the Boca Raton Airport, this 170-room hotel is being developed by B.F. Saul Company and is scheduled to open in Spring 2009
- Fort Lauderdale/Dania Beach, FL – scheduled to open in Spring 2009, OTO Development is building this 149-room hotel, which is located off I-95 at Stirling Rd. near Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Memphis/Germantown, TN – this 127-room hotel, scheduled to open in Summer 2008, is situated outside Memphis at Winchester Rd. and Irene Rd. and being developed by The Silver Companies and MMI Hotel Group
- Birmingham, AL – located in downtown Birmingham at 325 20th St. South near the University of Alabama Birmingham, this 150-room hotel is scheduled to open in Fall 2008 and being developed by Corp. Realty Development, Welden-Field-Welden and Southern Hospitality Service
- North Charleston, SC – Naman Hotels is building two properties in North Charleston, a 103-room hotel located at Mazyk Rd. and Ashley Phosphate Rd. and a 127-room hotel near the convention center at West Montegue St. and Etna St.; these hotels are scheduled to open in Winter 2008
- Lexington, KY –Wright Property Management is developing this 127-room hotel, which is scheduled to open in Spring 2008, at 2001 Bryant Rd. near Hamburg Place
- Covington, LA – scheduled to open in Fall 2008, this 151-room hotel, located a short drive from New Orleans at U.S. 190 and I-12, is being developed by Jackies International
- Lafayette, LA – scheduled to open in Spring 2008, this 151-room hotel, which is ideally located on Lafayette’s downtown riverfront., is being developed by Jackies International
- Washington Dulles/Herndon, VA – scheduled to open Fall 2007, this 153-room hotel is located on Sunrise Valley Drive near Washington Dulles International Airport is being developed by OTO Development
- Chesapeake, VA – OTO Development is developing this 115-room property, which is located at Eden Way North and Executive Blvd. near downtown Norfolk, as well as Norfolk International Airport, and scheduled to open Fall 2007
- Fredericksburg, VA – centrally located between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, the 139-room hotel, located at 1071 Hospitality Lane, is scheduled to open Winter 2008 and is being developed by The Silver Companies and MMI Hotel Group
- Landsdowne, VA – this 150-room hotel, scheduled to open Spring 2009, is located at Harry Byrd Highway and Belmont Ridge Rd. north of Washington Dulles International Airport and is being developed by B.F. Saul Company
- Annapolis, MD – located at Riva Rd. and West St., this 130-room hotel is scheduled to open in Fall 2008 and is being developed by Summit Hospitality
- Reno/Airport, NV – InterMountain Management is developing the 127-room hotel, which is scheduled to open Spring 2008; the hotel is located at the Reno International Airport at 1790 E. Plumb Lane
- Fresno, CA – located near Fresno State University at Chestnut Ave. and West Shaw Ave., the 197-room hotel is being developed by Wolff Urban Management and is scheduled to open Spring 2008
- Seattle/Downtown, WA – the 158-room hotel, being developed by Kauri Investments and InterMountain Management, is scheduled to open Summer 2008 as part of a mixed use complex located at 600 Denny Way
- Phoenix/Avondale, AZ – located just off I-10 at McDowell Rd., this 127-room hotel is scheduled to open in Winter 2008 and is being developed by Parkland Development
- Phoenix/Mesa, AZ – Under development by Wolff Urban Management, this 151-room property is located at Alma School and I-202 and scheduled to open Winter 2008
- Phoenix/Gilbert, AZ – part of a new 43-acre lifestyle center, this 127-room hotel is being developed by Woodbine Southwest Corp. and Hyatt Corp. and is scheduled to open in Fall 2008
- Sacramento/Roseville, CA – this 151-room hotel, being developed by ABA Development, is conveniently located near the Roseville Convention Center and scheduled to open in Fall 2008
- Denver/Westminster, CO – located at Highway 36 and Church Ranch Rd., this 113-room hotel is being developed by White Lodging and is scheduled to open in Spring 2008
- Las Vegas/Henderson, NV – located at 4404 E. Sunset Rd., this 201-room hotel is being developed by American Nevada and Stations Casino and is scheduled to open in Spring 2008
- Anchorage, AK – the 127-room hotel, just a short distance from Ted Stevens International airport, is being developed by A&A Construction and The Hotel Group and is scheduled to open in Winter 2008
Every Hyatt Place hotel will feature a wide range of new services and amenities to help guests seamlessly continue their everyday life in an environment specially crafted to help them be more productive, relaxed and fulfilled. Similar to what travelers might experience at home, guests can spread out in their spacious, contemporary guestrooms, taking advantage of free Wi-Fi access while stretching out on the eight-foot Cozy Corner sectional sleeper sofa or working at an oversized work desk in an ergonomic chair. They can also catch the evening news, the big game or the latest feature movies on the 42-inch flat panel, high-definition television offering 11 channels of high-definition programming in addition to more than 30 channels. Hyatt Place guests can stay connected through the innovative Hyatt Plug Panel, which allows guests to connect their own entertainment media to the high-definition TV, including laptops, MP3 players, DVD players or any other portable device. Hyatt’s signature Grand Bed™ also ensure guests enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in the bedroom area.
Hyatt Place hotels also feature the Gallery, an innovative welcoming arrival area where guests are personally greeted by the Gallery Host, a dynamic new position in the hospitality industry that encompasses everything from guest check-in to giving personal tours of the hotel. In the Gallery, guests will also find a self-registration kiosk, an intimate coffee and wine café and bakery, free Wi-Fi, a TV den and an e-room with free access to a public computer and printer. Guests at Hyatt Place may purchase signature hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees or enjoy a free continental breakfast. Hyatt Place also offers a variety of freshly prepared, café quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza which guests can order 24 hours a day, seven days a week via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from the Gallery Host.
Travelers are already raving about Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook, located just outside Chicago; Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town; and Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-South and Hyatt Place Atlanta/Perimeter Center. There will be 120 Hyatt Place hotels open by December 2007, including locations in Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta, Nashville, Tampa, Miami, Orlando and Detroit, in addition to other key business and leisure markets throughout the country.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place combines The Hyatt Touch® with stylish design, purposeful amenities and forward-thinking technology to set the new standard in the upscale select service category. Catering to discerning business and leisure travelers, 120 Hyatt Place hotels will be operational across the U.S. by the end of 2007. Hyatt Place is a newly developed brand of Global Hyatt Corporation. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit www.hyattplace.com. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com. For additional information on development opportunities for Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites, visit www.hyattdevelopment.com.
There are 214 Hyatt branded hotels and resorts (over 90,000 rooms) in 43 countries around the world, operating under the Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Grand Hyatt® and Park Hyatt® brands. Currently, there are an additional 43 Hyatt hotels and resorts under development, including 15 new hotels in China. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operator of the 12 Hyatt Vacation Club timeshare and fractional residential properties, Hyatt Equities, L.L.C. (hotel ownership), Select Hotels Group L.L.C. (which owns, manages and franchises 163 AmeriSuites hotels, Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites hotels) and
U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc. (which franchises 95 Hawthorn Suites, and 272 Microtel Inns and Suites). From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.