LONDON (November 15, 2007) November 16, 2007 marks the launch of Andaz Liverpool Street, London (formerly the Great Eastern Hotel). The property, located at 40 Liverpool Street, is first in a series to launch globally under the new Andaz™ brand operated by Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, and fuse a five-star offering with a boutique, design driven product.
A completely new hotel concept, created in response to customer demand for a different type of luxury experience than is currently offered in the market, Andaz engages guests with a fresh, uncomplicated and more personalised service model. Focusing on the brand ethos of “casual luxury,” these innovations are at the heart of what makes Andaz different.
“Andaz was the result of extensive research, which told us that both travellers and developers are looking for a high quality, boutique-inspired hotel experience that is casual and relaxed, yet characterized by consistently great service,” said Mark Hoplamazian, president and chief executive officer of Global Hyatt Corporation. “Andaz is an eco-conscious brand, with an authentic and stylish product reflective of local culture, and a service model that is highly personal and uncomplicated.”
The Andaz hallmark is literally ‘personal style.’ This sense of personality is evident throughout the hotel. New guest services are introduced with a view to developing stronger guest/staff relations. This philosophy empowers guests to define their own hotel experience and live it with the same freedoms they have at home. Central to the new offering are the following principles:
People, service is attentive, whilst subtle and uncomplicated:
· Creating a more personalised one-to-one experience, an “Andaz Team Member” welcomes guests into a non-traditional, designed-focused
living space that is more like a home than a hotel.
o There are No front desks at check-in.
o There are No separate concierge desks or a receptionist.
o Instead there is one contact - a dedicated “Andaz Team Member,” recognising and responding to guests’ personal tastes,
requests and preferences.
· A flexible and simplified method is applied as guests are checked-in via Tablet PC`s, either en route to the guest room, or upon arrival.
· All members of staff are guest serving, and without title, from general manager to waiter.
Pricing is uncomplicated, transparent and uniform:
· Inclusive in the room rate are traditional ‘extras’ such as breakfast, Internet, healthy mini-bar items, local telephone calls, laundry and pressing,
· Rates begin at £395 for single occupancy and £415 for double occupancy.
Product is innovative while straightforward:
· Imaginative living space concepts, such as The Living Room at Andaz Liverpool Street, London, replace the traditional lobby.
· Andaz is eco-conscious. In London, toilets use 80% less water, computer controlled boiler reduces 25% fuel use, intelligent lighting systems
used in guest rooms, eco-printers used throughout, fair trade purchasing policy implemented and wherever possible food and beverage to be
· Unexpected detail exists around the building. Historic architecture sits alongside modern design.
· The Andaz Studio is London’s latest private dining experience. Guests choose menu combinations from any of the hotels five restaurants,
which specialise in sushi, fine dining and seafood to bistro or hearty pub fare. With a private entrance and dynamic open kitchen, the Andaz
Studio concept is residential in design and service and unique to the Square Mile.
Andaz develops and integrates cultural and design accents from its location. The hotel’s personality, as much as product, is tailored towards each guest’s preference.
Cultural activities at Andaz Liverpool Street, London include:
· Bespoke monthly East End Contemporary Art tours from the hotel. Local and hard to find galleries and studios are uncovered by guides who
are practicing artists.
· Local characters and personalities have submitted iPod play lists. The individuals have been selected for local relevance over celebrity such as
the local “policeman,” “lawyer,” “banker,” “publican,” “fashion designer,” “artist,” “architect,” “hairdresser.” The selections appear on loan
iPods from the Living Room.
· The hotel is a lynch pin between corporate and creative East London. Regular comedy (Sabotage) and literary (B-Club) events have played
host to the likes of Stephen Merchant, Stuart Lee, Will Self, Nick Hornby and Alexi Sayle.
· A new art collection is developing along guest corridors. Works by local, up-and-coming artists include Petro Chrisostomou and Martina
Schmuecker and curated by local art collective Exhibit-K.
· Local luminaries have come together to apply East End relevant quotations to the spaces of Andaz London under the title of “Eastern
Thinking”. Contributors include Peter Newman, Jonny Woo, Barber Osgerby, Mother, Danny Sangra, Joe Hunter, Jason Bruges, Joss
McKinley and Hannah Martin
Photography is available at www.hyattpressphotos.com
For further information in the UK or interviews please contact:
020 7553 3333 / 07771 637 216
Sophie Knight, Poppy Lewis, Nikita Akilapa
Marketing Communications Manager, Andaz Liverpool Street, London
Andaz Liverpool Street London
40 Liverpool Street
London, United Kingdom, ec2m 7qn
Tel: +44 207 961 1234 www.london.liverpoolstreet.andaz.com
Global Hyatt Corporation
Global Hyatt Corporation, one of the world’s premier hotel companies, offers today’s travellers over 735 hotels and resorts (over 136,000 rooms) in more than 44 countries. The company’s affiliates own, operate, manage and franchise Hyatt branded hotels and resorts under the Park Hyatt™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Resorts™, Hyatt™, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites ® brands. In April 2007, Hyatt launched its newest global brand, Andaz™. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operator of the Hyatt Vacation Club and fractional residential properties and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc, which franchises Hawthorn Suites and Microtel Inns and Suites. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.
For further information:
Karrie Leung, PR Manager
Tel: + 312 780 5701