CHICAGO, IL – June 26, 2007 – Hyatt Place today announced its development results for the first half of 2007 with an additional 20 new build hotels, bringing the total number of new build Hyatt Place projects under development to 50 hotels. These new projects – which include the first Hyatt Place hotels in major metropolitan markets – will add to Hyatt Place’s rapidly growing portfolio, which will reach 120 hotels nationwide by year-end 2007.
“The Hyatt Place hotels already open confirm what our initial research revealed – that Hyatt Place has effectively created a new category in the upscale select service market by catering to today’s 24/7 lifestyle,” said Chris Ivy, senior vice president of development for Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites®. “The response to the hotels we have open today have exceeded not only our expectations on every level but consumers’ and the industry’s expectations as well, and that success coupled with our strong performance is allowing us to work with today’s most respected, prominent hotel developers.”
The following new-build Hyatt Place hotels are scheduled to open in 2008 throughout the U.S.:
· Barrie, Ontario, Canada – scheduled to open Fall 2008, this 127-room hotel is located on Bryne Drive and Provincial 400
· Chicago/Downtown, IL – located in the heart of downtown Chicago at Clark St. and Grand Ave., this 180-room hotel is scheduled to
open Fall 2010
· Chicago/Warrenville, IL – scheduled to open Spring 2009, this 127-room hotel is located at Ferry Road and Warrenville Road
· Garden City (Long Island), NY – located on Long Island at 3 North Ave., this 121-room hotel is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Madison, WI – located in downtown Madison, this 151-room hotel is scheduled to open Spring 2009
· Milwaukee-Downtown, WI – this 143-room hotel, located in downtown Milwaukee, is scheduled to open Fall 2008
· Pittsburgh/North Shore – scheduled to open Fall 2008, this 127-room hotel is located at North Shore Drive and Mattingdale Road
· Bonita Springs, FL – located at US 41 and Coconut Road, this 108-room hotel is scheduled to open Fall 2008
· Dallas/Garland, TX – this 147-room hotel, located at US 190 and Garland Ave., is scheduled to open Summer 2008
· Houston/Energy Corridor, TX – located at I-10 and SR-1960, this 127-room hotel is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Sarasota-Airport, FL – scheduled to open Winter 2008, this 114-room hotel is located at 960 University Parkway
· Arundel Preserve, MD – located at I-295 and Arundel Mills Blvd. this 150-room hotel is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Baltimore/Downtown, MD – this 173-room hotel is located at 120 E. Lombard Street and scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Concord, NC – this 127-room hotel, located at Speedway Blvd., just east of I-85, is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Midtown Manhattan-South, NY – located in Manhattan on West 36th St., this 220-room hotel is scheduled to open Summer 2008
· Williamsburg, VA – scheduled to open in Winter 2008, this 127-room hotel is located at I-64 and SR-199
· Portland-Airport, OR – located at 71st Ave. and Northeast Blvd., this 127-room hotel is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· San Francisco-Airport, CA – scheduled to open Fall 2008, this 159-room hotel is located at 550 Gateway Blvd.
· Sacramento/Davis, CA –located on the University of California-Davis campus, the hotel is scheduled to open Winter 2008
· Salt Lake City-Airport, UT – just a short drive from the airport, this 123-room hotel is located at 52 N. Tommy Thompson Dr. and
scheduled to open Summer 2008
These projects join new build hotels already underway in and around:
North Charleston (2)
HYATT PLACE BACKGROUND
Hyatt Place was inspired by the changing landscape of contemporary, multi-tasking business travelers, who have successfully adapted to today’s “24/7 lifestyle,” seamlessly merging personal and professional activities. To help guests achieve this, Hyatt Place offers an atmosphere of casual hospitality with a balanced mix of comfortable and functional amenities.
Similar to what travelers might experience at home, guests can take advantage of free Wi-Fi access, stretch out on the eight-foot Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper or work at an oversized desk in an ergonomic chair. They can also catch the evening news, the big game or the latest feature movies on the 42-inch flat panel, high-definition television offering 11 channels of high-definition programming in addition to an already impressive channel selection. Hyatt Place guests will also have access to Hotel SportsNetSM service, which includes NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ and NBA LEAGUE PASSSM as well as other professional and college sports programming. Hyatt Place guests can stay connected through the innovative Hyatt Plug Panel™, which allows guests to connect their own entertainment media to the high-definition TV, including laptops, MP3 players, DVD players or any other portable device. The signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ also ensures guests can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in the bedroom area.
Hyatt Place hotels also feature the Gallery, an innovative welcoming arrival area where guests are personally greeted by the Gallery Host who assists guests with everything from check-in to providing personal tours of the hotel.
In the Gallery, guests will also find a self-registration kiosk, an intimate coffee and wine café and bakery, free Wi-Fi, a TV den and an e-room with free access to a public computer and printer. Guests at Hyatt Place may purchase signature hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees or enjoy a free continental breakfast. Hyatt Place also offers a variety of freshly prepared, café quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza which guests can order 24 hours a day, seven days a week via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from the Gallery Host.
To help guests stay physically and mentally productive, they can also utilize the hotel’s swimming pool or StayFit@Hyatt gym featuring state-of-the-art Life Fitness® equipment.
Travelers are raving about Hyatt Place hotels already open in and around Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, Cincinnati, San Antonio, Nashville, Dallas, Washington, DC and Louisville. There will be 120 Hyatt Place hotels open by December 2007, including locations in Phoenix, Tampa, Miami, Orlando and Detroit, in addition to other key business and leisure markets throughout the country.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt for today’s relaxed lifestyle, combines The Hyatt Touch® with stylish design, purposeful amenities and forward-thinking technology. Catering to today’s discerning travelers, 120 Hyatt Place hotels are to open across the U.S. by the end of 2007. Hyatt Place is a newly developed brand of Global Hyatt Corporation. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit www.hyattplace.com. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.
About Global Hyatt Corporation
Global Hyatt Corporation, one of the world’s premier hotel companies, offers today’s travelers over 735 hotels and resorts (over 136,000 rooms) in more than 44 countries. The company’s affiliates own, operate, manage and franchise Hyatt branded hotels and resorts under the Park Hyatt™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Resorts™, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites® brands. In April 2007, Hyatt launched its newest global brand, Hyatt Andaz™. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. operator of the Hyatt Vacation Club and fractional residential properties and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc, which franchises Hawthorn Suites and Microtel Inns and Suites. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.