CHICAGO (January 22, 2018) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) recently recognized owners and developers of Hyatt hotels and resorts for their outstanding work at the company’s global owners’ conference in Bonita Springs, Fla. Hyatt’s executive team presented awards to 15 companies.
“As a purpose-driven company, we work with owners and developers who share our commitment to caring for people so they can be their best,” said Jim Chu, global head, select service and franchise strategy, Hyatt. “The success of our global portfolio reflects the strength of our longstanding relationship with the industry’s leading owners and developers. We are privileged to have an expansive network of exceptional owners and developers who are essential to fostering our momentum and powering our growth across the globe.”
The Strategic Partner award celebrates a company’s culture, performance and operating philosophies, along with their strong, multi-brand relationship with Hyatt:
- HRI Properties is helping Hyatt increase its brand presence in key urban markets throughout the United States. In 2012, HRI Properties opened Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, and the next year, the company opened Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans following an $18 million renovation. HRI Properties is expected to open the Holston House hotel, which will be part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, in the heart of downtown Nashville, Tenn. in early 2018, as well as a dual-branded Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Downtown and Hyatt House Indianapolis/Downtown in 2019.
- NewcrestImage is both an active owner and operator of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels throughout Texas, which include Hyatt House Dallas/Frisco, Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine, Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano, Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Cityview, Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst, Hyatt Place Lubbock, and Hyatt Place San Antonio-Northwest/Medical Center. Over the next two years, NewscrestImage is expected to open two more Hyatt Place hotels in Amarillo, Tex. and in Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district.
The Developer of the Year award honors construction quality and efficiency:
- LATAM Hotel Corporation helped Hyatt thoughtfully and strategically grow its brand presence throughout Central America, including the development and ownership of Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa in Honduras; Hyatt Place Managua in Nicaragua; and Hyatt Centric Guatemala City in Guatemala. The company is also expecting to open a Hyatt Place hotel in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
- Janko Group currently owns and manages Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston, which opened in May 2016, and Hyatt House Oak Brook, which opened in September 2017. In the coming years, Janko Group will open Hyatt Place Iowa City and Hyatt Place Milwaukee/Downtown.
The Project of the Year award recognizes notable hotel openings:
- Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa: Gary Stougaard of Chelsea Hospitality Partners, along with his partner, Lubert-Adler, acquired this 23-acre Sonoran enclave in the heart of Scottsdale and executed a plan to completely reinvent the property as the Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa. This unique and beautiful addition to the Andaz portfolio opened its doors in February to an immediate chorus of accolades, including Condé Nast Traveler magazine’s coveted Hot List 2017 and the #3 Best New Hotel on the USA Today 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Hyatt Regency Andares Guadalajara: In February, DMI opened the doors to Hyatt Regency Anadares Guadalajara, the newest phase of the award-winning mixed used destination and commercial hub. The hotel has quickly become recognized as the preferred hotel for visitors to Guadalajara. The company expects continued positive impact to its reputation and recognition of Hyatt among Mexico’s domestic and international travelers.
The Best Full Service Conversion award celebrates the reconfiguration of an existing full service property and conversion to a Hyatt-branded hotel.
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport: This year marked the return of a Hyatt-branded full-service hotel to the LAX market with the opening of Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport. Amalgamated Bank, with the guidance and oversight of Prism Hotels & Resorts, executed a multi-million-dollar transformation and conversion of a 580-room hotel on a premier hotel site at Los Angeles International Airport. Additionally, the Amalgamated Bank and Prism Hotels & Resorts teams were able to keep the hotel open throughout the entire renovation, while maintaining exemplary service.
The Best Project – Select Service award recognizes the unique brand building experiences created at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in the Americas.
- Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown: As the owner, operator and developer of Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown, Kolter Hospitality, introduced the first select service offering in downtown Boca Raton, located within a mixed use center. Kolter Hospitality currently owns and operates six Hyatt Place hotels throughout Florida, and is expected to open the first Hyatt Centric hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale in 2019.
- Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center: Prospera Hotels opened Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, two years after the opening of Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center in 2014. As the largest Hyatt House hotel in the brand portfolio, the 262-room property is in a primary location for guests visiting Disneyland.
The Operating Excellence award recognizes outstanding operational performance:
- Prism Hotels & Resorts: As operator of Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, Prism Hotels & Resorts has grown the hotel’s occupancy (OCC), while also increasing average daily rate (ADR), resulting in market leading revenue per available room (RevPAR) growth. Additionally, the hotel’s net promoter scores (NPS) continue to climb.
- LodgeWorks Partners, L.P.: A longstanding owner of Hyatt hotels, LodgeWorks Partners, L.P. operates six Hyatt Place hotels and five Hyatt House hotels across the U.S. LodgeWorks continues to raise RevPAR and NPS scores across its portfolio of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels, while consistently bringing Hyatt’s values and brand promise to life for guests.
The Renovation Excellence award recognizes a company for reconfiguring and transforming a Hyatt-branded hotel.
- Lone Star Funds: Lone Star Funds completed a $55 million renovation of 38 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels across the U.S. in 2017. Extensive guestroom renovations included new cozy corner sectionals, new carpeting, bedding, window furnishings, and upgraded bathrooms. Additionally, hotels’ public spaces were transformed with new furniture, technology upgrades and revitalized breakfast areas, as well as H Bars and 24/7 Guest Markets in Hyatt House hotels.
- Host Hotels & Resorts: Host Hotels & Resorts is responsible for the $70 million transformation of Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport. More than 650 million square feet of renovations were completed, including all food and beverage outlets, meeting and event spaces and the fitness center.
The Adaptive Reuse award honors outstanding Hyatt-branded hotels developed from creative starting points:
- Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach: The Waikiki Trade Center occupied the corner of Seaside and Kuhio in the center of Waikiki, making it a perfect location for the Hyatt Centric brand in the heart of bustling Honolulu. With eyes for recognizing real estate value and great design creativity, the team at Chartres Lodging Group, alongside Coastwood Capital, converted the 22-story office component of the Trade Center into Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach.
- Hyatt Place Saint Paul/Downtown: In September 2016, Nelson Development opened the 149-room Hyatt Place hotel in downtown Saint Paul, Minn. Located in the former U.S. Post Office and Custom House building, this mixed use development with hotel, retail and residential components has brought a new and dynamic product to the Saint Paul market.
For more information, please visit hyattdevelopment.com.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
For further information:
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 13 premier brands. As of September 30, 2017, the Company's portfolio included 739 properties in 57 countries. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to create value for shareholders, build relationships with guests and attract the best colleagues in the industry. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences and vacation ownership properties, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt™, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names and have locations on six continents. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees or development partners to access the capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; failure to successfully complete proposed transactions (including the failure to satisfy closing conditions or obtain required approvals); changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These factors are not necessarily all of the important factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by any of our forward-looking statements. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
+1 312 780 2918