World of Hyatt Members Can Enjoy Greater Flexibility and Extended Offers to Get the Most Value Out of 2021 Travel
Members can achieve elite status in half the time with reduced criteria for World of Hyatt tier status, plus enjoy more time to take advantage of valuable offers
CHICAGO (November 30, 2020)
– World of Hyatt
remains committed to advancing care for its global members as they plan for travel in the new year. To give members less to worry about as they navigate the year ahead, World of Hyatt is making significant changes to its elite status qualifications for the 2021 calendar year by reducing the Base Point and Tier-Qualifying Night requirements by 50 percent for members to earn or maintain elite status, as compared to the program’s standard requirements. Additionally, World of Hyatt is extending several rewarding offers through the beginning of 2021, giving members more time to accelerate point earnings and boost tier status when they are ready to travel again.
“In talking with our members and understanding some are not ready or able to travel as often as they hoped, we want to make sure they feel cared for and recognized for their loyalty. That is why we are offering members even more flexibility when it comes to achieving elite status next year, in addition to giving them more time to take advantage of compelling offers,” said Amy Weinberg, senior vice president, loyalty, brand marketing and consumer insights, Hyatt. “2020 was unprecedented in many ways and as we look toward 2021, our priority remains staying close to our World of Hyatt members to understand their needs and instill confidence as they plan for future travels.”
Achieve World of Hyatt Elite Status 50 Percent Faster in 2021
For the 2021 calendar year, World of Hyatt is reducing its elite status qualifications by 50 percent so members can achieve or requalify for status and enjoy elite benefits in half the time – either by staying half the number of nights or earning half the number of Base Points required in a calendar year.
For example, a member can earn top-tier Globalist status in record time by staying 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning 50,000 Base Points in 2021 and start enjoying exclusive benefits including 30% Bonus on eligible purchases, waived resort fees on eligible rates and free night awards, room upgrades including standard suites available at check-in, Club access or breakfast, Guest of Honor benefits and more.
Reduced 2021 World of Hyatt elite status qualifications include:
- Discoverist – Stay five Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 12,500 Base Points
- Explorist – Stay 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 25,000 Base Points
- Globalist – Stay 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 50,000 Base Points
These World of Hyatt program updates are an extension of the previously announced updates
, providing World of Hyatt members more time to use their earned awards and points and enjoy elite status and benefits.
More information on the 2021 reduced elite status qualifications can be found at worldofhyatt.com
. The reduced criteria do not apply to earning tier status via Meetings & Events or to Milestone Rewards and Lifetime Globalist.
Additional value-added benefits and rewards for members
World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can unlock even greater value in the program by taking advantage of this reduced elite status criteria, with the ability to earn top-tier Globalist status in 2021 by staying as few as 25 qualifying nights. Cardmembers receive five Tier-Qualifying Night credits each year, plus are able to earn two additional Tier-Qualifying Night credits with every $5,000 spent on the card. Furthermore, as a limited time sign-up bonus, new cardmembers who apply
and are approved for the card by December 31, 2020, will receive 10 Tier-Qualifying Night credits toward tier status in 2020 and 2021, making it possible to achieve Globalist status by staying as few as 20 qualifying nights.
More Time to Enjoy Valuable World of Hyatt Promotions
World of Hyatt members will also have more time to enjoy exclusive and valuable offers to help boost their tier status and earn points even faster.
- Bonus Journeys – Members globally have more time to take advantage of World of Hyatt's most rewarding global promotion, providing members the ability to earn up to quadruple points on eligible spend at 1,000+ participation locations worldwide through February 28, 2021, if they register by January 15, 2021. Plus, members can earn double Tier-Qualifying Night credits – yet another way for members to accelerate toward earning tier status in 2021.
- Free Nights on Sale – World of Hyatt members can receive 15% of their redeemed points back as Bonus Points, plus free parking, when they redeem points for free night stays, now through February 28, 2021. World of Hyatt and Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive an additional 10% of their redeemed points back as Bonus Points. Members can register here by January 15, 2021; Cardmembers can register here.
- Dine Local, Earn Triple Points – World of Hyatt members can continue treating themselves when dining close to home by earning triple points on eligible spend for dine-in, takeout or delivery (when not staying the night) at participating outlets at Hyatt hotels and resorts through February 28, 2021.
More Rewarding Offers
As guests, members and customers consider traveling, Hyatt is reimagining the guest experience with creativity and care in mind, to provide enhanced convenience, flexibility and wellbeing through the following special offers:
- Work From Hyatt – Travelers can book this package at 90 hotels across North America and the Caribbean to enjoy work- and school-life balance with the comforts of a premium resort experience. Packages start at $139 + tax per night for a minimum 7-night stay. To learn more about participating properties, availability and pricing, visit hyatt.com/workfromhyatt.
- Hyatt Together Special Offer – Gatherings of 10 guests or more (where permitted) booked and held at participating Hyatt hotels by December 31, 2022, can enjoy several perks, booking flexibility, ability to earn World of Hyatt Bonus Points and the choice of up to 10 percent off the master bill or up to 10 percent in added-value upgrades such as complimentary guestrooms and enhanced food and beverage offerings. To learn more, visit hyatt.com/together-offer.
- 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New – Members can explore new destinations and reward their spirit of adventure by earning 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt hotels around the world. To learn more, visit here.
To sign up for complimentary World of Hyatt membership or for more information on each of these offers, please visit worldofhyatt.com
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt announced a multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment to further enhance its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: www.hyatt.com/info/global-care-and-cleanliness-commitment